Welded vs Tie-Rod Cylinders
The biggest difference is the end caps that hold the cylinder together. Welded cylinders have the end caps welded to the tube while Tie-rod cylinders are held together by four threaded tie bolts.
Welded cylinders often take up less space, can handle higher operating pressures and withstand harsh environments. Tie-rod cylinders are available with faster delivery times, easily maintained but do take up a larger footprint. Custom design options are available for both types of these high quality cylinders.
Call 800-526-7968 or email email@example.com to get your project started!
Welded Cylinder Photos (Industrial)
Because of the structural advantages of a welded cylinder body the amount of force or pressure that can be handled is great.
- 3,000 – 5,000 PSI
- Higher Pressure (Consult Factory)
Small & Large Bore Sizes
- 1 1/2″ – 8″ Bore (As soon as 4 Weeks)
- 8″ – Large Bore (Consult Factory)
- Up to 200″
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take?
Typical manufacturing time is as soon as 4 weeks. (Consult Factory for Faster Delivery Times)
Are rush options available?
Yes, expedited options are available depending on the scope of the project
Can welded cylinders be repaired?
Many times a welded cylinder can be repaired. Quotes/Evaluations are free and is where our team will assess the total cost of repair
Is there a warranty?
Yes, click here to view our cylinder warranty
Popular Industrial Applications
- Foundry & Steel
- Rail Maintenance
- Ship Building
- Waste & Recycling
- View all the industries we serve
Identify the correct Welded Cylinder for your application:
- Download a Peninsular Cylinder Sizing Chart (below) – Identify the mounting style of the cylinder in question or use the basic cylinder template (No Mount-MX0) to design your own cylinder.
Welded Cylinder Mounting Styles
Welded Type Cylinder-Spherical Eye
Welded Type Cylinder -Male Eye
Welded Type Cylinder- No Mount
Welded Type Cylinder-Female Clevis
- Print a copy of the chart containing the required mounting style and FILL IN ALL DIMENSIONS and information as requested.
- FAX the completed chart here:
Peninsular Cylinder Company
Attn: Customer Service at FAX: (586) 775-4545.
The Peninsular Cylinder Sales team will contact you within the same business day. Proudly Made in USA, Since 1948
Connect with Us